This is the email I received from John:
Growing Comfortable in Your Speaking Voice:
A Workshop for Transgender Individuals
- changing accents,
- addressing vocal health issues,
- increasing range,
- improving clarity of speech, and
- erasing vocal fry
Hi, I’m Elizabeth Taylor, and I love my job! I am a makeup artist and photographer who works full-time with transgender women across the gender spectrum at my studio in LGBT-friendly Takoma Park, MD, minutes from Washington, DC. I offer full male-to-female transformation dressing, makeup, and photography services along with feminine coaching. My website contains lots of resources including my portfolio and latest work, upcoming events, and other trans-friendly service providers.
I want to share with you how I treat makeovers, photography, and your experience with me. When you arrive, I greet you and get you settled in with your drink of choice, and we talk about what you’re looking for in your makeover and photo-shoot. I listen to what you have to say and make suggestions on how we can achieve the overall image you’d like to project. And then we’ll have a look at clothing, wigs, and whatever else you brought.
I love getting to know my clients personally and sharing our experiences with each other. Making new friends is one the best parts of my job. And I love helping my clients make new friends with other crossdressers, trans-women, and allies both at outings I schedule and other trans-friendly events. That being said, I want my closeted clients to leave closeted so I’m just as thorough with protecting your privacy. I want you to look and feel beautiful, confident and pampered. To being fabulous, ladies!
Lots of girls come to me with little to no experience with dressing. Some have lots of clothes while others have none. I have everything you need to transform from a male to female presentation: wigs, shoes, bras, breastforms, clothings, shapewear, jewelry, accessories, makeup, etc. I have clothes from size 6 to size 4X and shoes form size 8 to size 15. I just ask that you bring nylons/stockings/garter belts if you’d like to wear legwear other than opaque tights and bring your shaving kit so you can get a fresh beard shave.
1. For your first package, I recommend the 3-hour or 4-hour Total Makeover so you can see how you look in femme mode. Then you’ll have time to enjoy the experience with either a 45-minute or 105-min photo shoot or, if you prefer, girl chat or feminine deportment training. This will help you build your confidence and learn more about how you like to express your femininity.
2. For your next package, I recommend a 5-hour or 6-hour Total Makeover and Outing so you can try another look, pose for more photos, and experience interacting with others in a public setting. Now that you know you can happily conquer the outside world, you’ll want to be able to have the skills to do this on your own…
3. So you’ll want to book a 2- to 3- hour makeup lesson. At the makeup lesson, you can learn anything from a simple daytime-to-evening makeup look to a more complex, evening/club eye looks and more advanced contouring if you like. I do the makeup on half your face and you apply it on the other for kinesthetic/hands-on and audio learners. I include written, step-by-step makeup notes that I created for those who love procedure and order. I also have a face map where we can draw your look in your colors if you are more visually/spatially oriented. I have makeup and skin care available for purchase including kits.
Optional: At any point, feel free to add on feminine deportment training where we focus on your feminine movements for an entire hour. Otherwise, I can integrate tips into our other sessions.
4. After your first outing, you’ll likely want to build your feminine wardrobe so you can go out on your own. Shopping is always more fun with a friend so take me along for a good time and to help you find the sizes, styles and looks that fit your personality and body type. Book a 5-hour or 6-hour Total Makeover and Outing and I’ll do your makeup first and you can use my studio wardrobe for our shopping adventure. Or book my 3-hour Shopping Companion Package and arrive in femme or in boy mode ready to shop. If you choose to shop in boy mode, I’ll pack girl items like breast forms, bra, shape wear, heels, and a wig to discreetly bring with us to try on in a dressing room. I’ll help you select items that you like and work with the sales associates on your behalf. If you’re wig shopping, I definitely suggest going with your makeup done. It’s so much easier to tell whether a wig is flattering when you have your face feminized with makeup.
Feel free to come back for more Total Makeovers and Photoshoots to show off your wardrobe, play with the studio wardrobe, and try out new makeup looks. Get a Makeup Makeover before a night out or before a shopping trip with a friend. I’m here to support you and help you connect with our community. 🙂
Schedule your appointment online today. Select a base package and any add-ons and then you can view my availability in real time. Book your appointment with a 50% deposit (67% deposit for fantasy sessions) using PayPal.
Book Online: http://makeoverswithelizabethtaylor.fullslate.com
PayPal is the default method for making your deposit when you book online. If you’re not comfortable with making a deposit by PayPal on my booking website, you can book with a money order via postal mail. To book with a money order, please confirm appointment availability online & with me and then send the USPS money order with tracking info to
5237 River Rd. #178
Bethesda, MD 20816-1415
Lauren DeHart is in her happy place when her guitar is close at hand.
Makeup and photography by Elizabeth Anne Taylor
The DC Trans Ladies Meetup celebrated St. Patrick’s Day in downtown Bethesda last weekend. We had a mix of new and returning women and started off with a hosted happy hour in my hotel suite to welcome our new girls. Then we ate dinner at the hotel restaurant followed our signature soiree with music, talking, and even some dancing. Giselle brought in a sound system and treated us to Irish tunes, classic rock, and dance music. Meanwhile, I took photos of the soiree focusing on individual pics and encouraging self-expression. Late night, some of the women kept the party going at the nearby Harp and Fiddle til closing time at 3 a.m.
If you are a crossdresser, transgender woman, or a cis-woman ally, we would love to have you join our Meetup group and attend our upcoming events.
Enjoy the pics of our event!
Photos by Elizabeth Anne Taylor
Makeup for Julie and Christina Napoli by Elizabeth Anne Taylor
Hi ladies, don your favorite green attire and join us at our “Saint Patrick’s Day with a Twist” Soiree in bustling downtown Bethesda! ☘️We will be hanging out at the bar, lounge, and restaurant ’til the bar closes around 11 pm. Be sure to join us for our new girls’ hosted happy hour in Beth’s suite (5-6 pm) followed by dinner at the hotel’s restaurant (6-8 pm).
After 11 pm, we have the option of heading to a local bar such as the Brickside, or Harp & Fiddle, or another local venue that makes sense to the post-11pm adventurers (if you have ideas or a strong preference please let us know through messages or conversations). Crash at the hotel, and be sure to book using our group rate.
At our signature soirees, we invite trans-women, their partners, and friends to socialize, network, and relax. We encourage new girls to come out to help boost their confidence and garner tips from those more experienced. And of course, we love having our regulars come out too!
If you’re not feeling ready for girl mode in public, you are still welcome to attend in guy mode. Upon arrival, introduce yourself as a member to the hosts, and we will welcome you warmly. Please consider joining us at the Pre-Soiree Dinner in the hotel’s dining room. It is an opportunity to sit with your sisters and get to know them.
The Doubletree hotel staff is eager to have us, and they’ve set up a special room rate of $89/night. For the discount, book directly with Brittany at 240.235.1663 and tell her you are with the DC Regional Trans Ladies group.
If you’re looking to get your Soiree makeup professionally applied, our very own Elizabeth Taylor (Beth) will be offering makeup makeovers at her room in the hotel (http://makeoverswithelizabethtaylor.fullslate.com). Other makeover artists are listed on our discussion board.
Beth Taylor will be taking event photos during dinner and the Soiree, which will save many girl’s smartphone battery. Bring out your ☘️ Irish props ☘️ and have some fun!
We look forward to seeing you all at our Saint Patrick’s Day Soiree!