It’s finally time to reopen Makeovers with Elizabeth Taylor! I am pleased to announce that I am reopening for limited in-person services starting this Friday, June 19. All of my virtual services are still available along with a modified makeover menu for in-person visits. I am really excited to reconnect with you all and help you express and embrace your femininity.
Here’s the biggest change. I can’t offer makeup artistry yet based on the MoCo rules. Yikes! That’s going to make nearly everything I do more challenging. And that means that if you want makeup done, you’ll need to do your own makeup with your own products. We will also both need to wear face masks when we are within six feet of each other. And I’ll be checking your temperature before you come in to help reduce the risk to everyone. I have been taking my temperature daily to help protect you as well. If you are feeling sick, please contact me to reschedule your appointment even if you are within the 48-hour window before your appointment.
Here are the details:
1. Makeup artistry: The makeup artist aspect of my business does not fall into the Phase 2 reopening criteria of the draft 19 June 2020 executive order by County Executive Marc Elrich. “Esthetic services” are specifically prohibited. That means that my core offering of “Total Makeovers” will need to be altered as I cannot do your makeup for you.
You are welcome to do your own makeup and arrive with it on. Or you can do your makeup here with your own makeup kit. If you would like feedback as you do your makeup, I can offer feedback from a distance. I cannot physically help you with touchups or provide makeup or makeup brushes for you to use.
2. Photography, Consultations, & Hangout Time: Based on the new rules, I will now be offering photography, wardrobe/makeup consultations (but no makeup touchups), feminine deportment, and hangout time in-person! And this can be indoors or outdoors, weather dependent.
Montgomery County, Maryland (MoCo) is opening for retail business indoors, such as photography, with capacity limits. As usual, I only see one client at a time and by appointment only. I have no waiting area and zero overlap time between clients. Based on this guidance, I can offer indoor services at this time including studio photography, hangout time, girl chat, feminine deportment, makeup and wardrobe feedback (but no makeup touchups). I can also offer outdoor services for those who prefer that such as photography in my yard or girl chat on my back deck or front yard. I don’t have a covered porch, so we couldn’t meet outside in the rain.
3. Dressing services: I will be offering dressing services even though I can’t offer makeup artistry. Clothing will be washed between clients. Silicone items like breast forms and hip/butt pads will be washed with soap and water. Corsets will be spritzed with rubbing alcohol. New wig caps will be worn with all wigs as always. As always, you are welcome to bring your own wardrobe and mix-and-match with mine. Masks will be worn during the dressing process. You will need to provide your own mask.
4. Outings and Fantasy Services: Please contact me if you have a specific idea for an outing or fantasy service. Since I can’t do your makeup or provide you with makeup supplies, it could be challenging to do an outing en femme unless you are skilled at doing your makeup or you wear a mask for the whole outing like to a nail salon. If we go to Freddie’s Beach Bar or similar for outdoor dining, wearing a mask could present a challenge with eating and drinking. Limited stores are open and some are not allowing clothing to be tried on in the store. Makeup testers at MAC, Sephora, and other makeup stores/counters are not available to help with color matching. Clubs and bars are closed throughout the DC, MD, and VA metro area. Museums are closed.
I will only be offering fantasy services that can be done while we are six feet apart (except during the dressing stage). Any additional props for your fantasy experience will need to be your own. As always, you are required to contact me before booking a fantasy appointment to discuss your ideas.
4. Cleanliness: I will be cleaning high-touch surfaces such as chairs, handrails, counters, bathrooms, and faucets with an EPA-approved cleanser after every appointment. I will be allowing additional time between appointments to facilitate this.
5. Masks are Mandatory: If we are within six feet of each, we both are required to wear masks. At greater than six feet such as for photography or socially distanced hang out time/feminine deportment, you may remove your mask.
6. Temperature Taken at Arrival: When you arrive, I will be taking your temperature with an infrared forehead thermometer. If your temperature is at 100.4 F or above, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. You will also be asked about your recent possible exposure to COVID-19. If you are not feeling well, please contact me to reschedule your appointment even if you’re inside the 48-hour cancellation window. (Guidelines from Professional Photographers of America). Be prepared to answer the following:
- How are you feeling?
- Have you had a cough or any flu-like or COVID symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms with the last 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
I updated my makeover menu on June 16, 2020 to reflect my current offerings. And I will continue to post updates on my website as MoCo and Maryland release more guidance. Like you, I look forward to reopening and being able to connect with you all again.